Author Topic: nightwatchman  (Read 4192 times)

nightwatchman
« on: December 13, 2011, 02:23:53 PM »
I have read all the FAQ but I still do not know how to post a picture.  Can you help?

nightwatchman
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 05:53:33 PM »

I have read all the FAQ but I still do not know how to post a picture. Can you help?

I can try.

I post pictures by adding them to a new posting or a reply to a posting. When you want to post, you open a window that has a Blue Bar at the top that says \"Post a reply\" which is where I am now. Pictures are added to posts as attachments. Directly below the white posting window is a second Blue Bar that says \"Upload attachment\".

The first line is titled \"Filename\" and has a button marked \"Browse\". If you click in this button an image of your disk will open in a window and allow you to browse and select a file. When you have found the file that you want you can click on it and the name and path will be written to the box to the left. Directly below this there is another button that says \"Add the file\", clicking on this button will open another window that says \"Upload in Progress\". This moves a copy of the picture to the server so that it can be attached to the posting. After it is uploaded the file name should appear directly below the posting window on the line titled \"Attachments\". The picture should now be in place and another may be added if you like.

To view what the post will look like you can click on preview. If it looks akay then click on \"Submit\"

[attachment=9854:DSC00299 (Medium)-id=572.JPG]

nitewatchman

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:29:48 AM by Dave »

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
nightwatchman
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 07:12:52 PM »
Let one of us know, if you still cant post them...

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
nightwatchman
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »
post all you want in the test forum, when you get it down. Ill delete them. Dont be scared! Ill clean we will clean your posts up! LOL

nightwatchman
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 02:46:05 AM »
Dave, Nightwatchman.
I was able to follow your instructions and successfully post my first picture.
I have been working on a D&E gun for quite a while.  Got stuck on the firing problems and experimated with several fixes with no success.  Seems like Roller is close to a full firing gun.  During my online searches I found that there are 50 posts for the RG&G gun to one for the D&E.  I thought that if I did a rebuild I would document the progress and start a site for just the D&E.  However this site already exists and is a very good site.
Would you consider starting a new catagory, such as Progress or General, exclusively for the D&E?
If you consider this a good idea, would it be possible to move our posts about the D&E to this new catagory?
Thank you.

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
nightwatchman
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 07:59:24 AM »
I can do that, Ill have to do it later tonight when I have some time to mess with it.

nightwatchman
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »
Thank you.  No hurry, I have been working on these guns for several years.  Maybe you can help Roller with the size of his pictures?

nightwatchman
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 01:49:28 PM »
[quote name=\"Steve McKuhen\"]Maybe you can help Roller with the size of his pictures?[/quote]

I can do that if he wishes. I can also resize the images in his posts to be a little more screen friendly.

I also discovered a handy tool from MicroSoft that allows you to resize pictures of the fly. You can find it by Googling MicroSoft PowerToys and look for Image Resizer. After it is loaded you right click on the picture file and you are given size options for the duplicate resized file, theo original file is also retained.

nitewatchman

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
nightwatchman
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 02:07:18 PM »
[quote name=\"nitewatchman\"]
[quote name=\"Steve McKuhen\"]Maybe you can help Roller with the size of his pictures?[/quote]

I can do that if he wishes. I can also resize the images in his posts to be a little more screen friendly.

I also discovered a handy tool from MicroSoft that allows you to resize pictures of the fly. You can find it by Googling MicroSoft PowerToys and look for Image Resizer. After it is loaded you right click on the picture file and you are given size options for the duplicate resized file, theo original file is also retained.

nitewatchman[/quote]

That program is the best!!! It adds a \"re size images\" to your right click menu...

nightwatchman
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
Dave, Nitewatchman,

Thank you for considering my idea a worthy one.

I plan on documenting the complete build of a D&E gun using the plans and instructions by Douglas Schneider.  At the same time I will document the re-build of the several guns I have using the modifications I have experimented with.  The goal is to machine a gun that will fire a full 50 round magazine without a jamb or misfire.

This catagory will be only for the D&E gun.

Thank you again,
Steve

nightwatchman
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 08:09:04 AM »
Thanks for a dedicated D&E section. :-)

nightwatchman
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 01:57:36 PM »
Nightwatchman, Dave,
I can not seem to find the spell check. Is there an icon that I am missing?

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
nightwatchman
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »
[quote name=\"Pmercer\"]Thanks for a dedicated D&E section. :-)[/quote]

No problem! I meant to do it months ago, but other things were more important! Sorry!

Steve, when you are typing. If you see a red line under the word..... It is spelled wrong, you can right click on the word with the line under it and the right click menu should have some suggested spellings for it.

nightwatchman
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »

thes es a speling chack

Dave, there is no red line under any of these misspelled words.

[attachment=9855:untitled (Medium)-id=626.JPG]

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:31:57 AM by Dave »

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
nightwatchman
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 07:25:23 PM »
[quote name=\"Steve McKuhen\"]thes es a speling chack

Dave, there is no red line under any of these misspelled words.[/quote]

Here is a screen capture... Anyone else have a problem with this?

nightwatchman
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »
Mien doosent werk eether.  :D

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
nightwatchman
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 08:15:46 PM »
Let me look into it, this is weird!

nightwatchman
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »
Dave,
I first mentioned the missing spell check on 02-02-11.

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
nightwatchman
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »
Its weird some have it and some dont. I spent hour or two messing with settings and cant find anything wrong.

I spent DAYS trying to fix the e-mail function here, even tech support couldnt find anything... And it just started working! Magically!!!

Im thinking about new forum software, the cost and switch could be a nightmare!

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
nightwatchman
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 02:40:25 PM »
Some forum software has spell check built in, this one dont!

If you are using some odd ball browser, you wont have spell check here. Im using Firefox (witch has it)