Author Topic: Care and Feeding of the RG-G - Firing Function  (Read 1522 times)

Care and Feeding of the RG-G - Firing Function
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:49:53 PM »
There was a intermittant \'failure to extract\' on different barrels, a magnifying glass showed the problem. If the 22 rim was sufficiently smashed by the firing pin it would \'catch\' on the brass coming out with the extractor. Check the barrel/brass mating area segment where the firing pin hits, its more critical there.

Very slight out of concentricity between firing chamber rim counterbore and brass.

After cleaning up the brass all ran smooth with no \'failures to extract\'.

After the dremel work I scrape and polish the area up.  :roll:

The extractor, being on the top, will pull the empty out and force the rim \'downward\' so check the groove bottom for \'hang-ups\' as well

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:37:10 PM »
Polished Receiver Block grooves where rims can \'hang up\' from extractor pressure.

Modified ejector tab, some trial and error.
Seems when there is a misfire the ejector tab, as designed, will not eject a full loaded cartridge and things come to a complete stop. The bolt has not retracted the dud cartridge out far enough to eject it.
I angled the ejector to start the dud cartridge up out of the groove then \'backed off\' the ejector about half way thru so it ejects later, when the cartridge is then fully out of the firing chamber.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »
I had the same problem, did the same thing. the cam needs to be made to pull the bolts back farther  at the point before it hits the ejector.