Author Topic: Springs  (Read 1928 times)

Springs
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:21:39 AM »
I\'m ordering springs, pins, gears, etc. this week. I\'ve found just about everything but barrel liners and springs. Does anyone have part numbers/mfg for the firing pin and extractor springs for the RG-G?

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
Springs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »
Master Carr has both, I dont know the numbers but just narrow everything down by size... Search precision ejector or precision perforator pin  pins for the firing pins...

Brownells for the liners

Springs
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:34:35 PM »
I couldn\'t find them on Mcmaster Carrs website, I\'ll look again. Brownells is back ordered on liners. I did get the firing pins, bearings, gears, the barrel tubung, and the brass for my wheel hubs ordered this morning though. :D

Springs
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:33:07 PM »
A friend recently bought a RG gun completed and the firing pin springs were much smaller diameter than the plans call for.   I helped him locate the correct springs per the plans,  Graingers has them in a pack of 5 for about $5      I have read here on the forum that for the extractor springs some take apart $1 disposable cigarette lighters for the springs, there are 2 one for the button and another to push up the flint.

Springs
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 10:58:16 AM »
[quote name=\"Sparky_NY\"]A friend recently bought a RG gun completed and the firing pin springs were much smaller diameter than the plans call for.   I helped him locate the correct springs per the plans,  Graingers has them in a pack of 5 for about $5      I have read here on the forum that for the extractor springs some take apart $1 disposable cigarette lighters for the springs, there are 2 one for the button and another to push up the flint.[/quote]

I have several spent lighters saved up for the extractor springs. The below link is what I came up with on Graingers website, the springs aren\'t exactly what is called for in the plans, but pretty close. Do you guys think these will work?
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Compression-Spring-1NCD7

Springs
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »
Those are the exact ones my friend purchased.   They fit in the bolts nicely and strike with authority.   He also got the .038 diameter wire ones but felt they didn\'t hit hard enough.