Author Topic: RGG frame assy. question  (Read 1473 times)

RGG frame assy. question
« on: August 11, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »
Howdy all: I just found this forum. I am glad to see it. I have RGG and DE plans that I purchased about 5 years past. I don\'t quite have the funds or the equipment anymore so it is going to be a slow project. I was looking at the front bow assy. I had the thought to make it 1 piece rather than 5 welded together. Has anyone done this? As I get money again I am going to try to buy some of the parts like box cam and others that would shorten my building time.  Tom

RGG frame assy. question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »
[quote name=\"sht2kll\"]Howdy all: I just found this forum. I am glad to see it. I have RGG and DE plans that I purchased about 5 years past. I don\'t quite have the funds or the equipment anymore so it is going to be a slow project. I was looking at the front bow assy. I had the thought to make it 1 piece rather than 5 welded together. Has anyone done this? As I get money again I am going to try to buy some of the parts like box cam and others that would shorten my building time.  Tom[/quote]

Yeah, I CNCed a one-piece front bow.  Much easier than welding together a bunch of stock.  Well, easier if you have a CNC  :lol: .  I think I still have a spare/test part somewhere if you\'re interested, drop me a line, though it wouldn\'t be that difficult for somebody careful with a piercing saw to make a nice one.