Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1286 times)

« on: March 09, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »
Guys,

First of all - let me introduce my self.  My name is Jason and I live in the Dallas area.  I have been thinking about building a gg for 3 years now and just bought the plans.  I have been studying the plans and looking at the forum every day since I got them last Friday.  I hope to build some parts this weekend and get started.   I am sure that I will have several questions and wanted to say thanks in advance -  I think this forum is great and very helpful the photos help to \"motivate\" me to get building.  

My machining skills are fair at best - they were better 18 years ago when I was machining somewhat often in college but am fortunate in that I can use my work\'s knock off bridgeport and knock off clausing lathe to build the parts.

One question that I have -  my dad is going to build the carriage -  do you know how many hours (approximately) is in this build?  

Thanks Guys...

Jason

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 01:40:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jason, glad to meet you and your dad. Please post some pictures of your progress along the way and speaking of way. If you look at the join date of some of us guys, not that anybody is lazy but it is impossible to come up with a total time on this build as it is a hobby project that takes time. Some of us need to sit back and admire our work along the way and pat ourselves on the back before continuing with the project sooooo. Just have fun with it and please share any short cuts that you might have along the way.
bruski

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 03:41:22 PM »
Well said... Welcome to the forum!

As far as I know, Rolland (a member here) has finished the carriage. He may be able to answer any questions specifically about it.