Author Topic: my 1st RG-G build  (Read 4521 times)

my 1st RG-G build
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 11:31:06 PM »
ok , back to the build , I was working on the rear barrel plates when I screwed up and grabbed the wrong tap on the second plate  :o , irritation and frustration and punishment soon follows  :roll: this plate was to replace the one my buddy made that he had an issue with for what ever reason . OK , the punishment was designed to keep me busy while I dealt with a family emergency and kept me from making anything to tolerance for the immediate future under the stress  I was dealing with so keep that in mind , lol

my 1st RG-G build
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:23 PM »
OK , it\'s not a total pooch screw , the pre drill for both threads is same size so I have 100% thread integrity so the part is technically good but the different thread count means 1 special threaded barrel to match my mistake and I\'m not cool with that , so for punishment for not looking at my tap before I used it I\'m gonna carve my new part out of an oversize slug to keep me busy until I head home to see family

my 1st RG-G build
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 09:02:35 AM »
Stuff do happen. Make it the way that you want it as you will always remember the opp\'s. Good Luck.

Later 42rocker

my 1st RG-G build
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 11:01:46 PM »
ok , got a chance to finish up the extra rear barrel plate today and the lathe work didn\'t take near as long to do as I thought it would , lol

my 1st RG-G build
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »
all the holes are tapped the proper size , and the parts complete . so on to the final part I\'m using this fixture for , the carrier block

my 1st RG-G build
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 01:52:48 PM »
Time to get back to the build , I\'ve been dealing with losing my father to cancer so I needed to take a break from my projects and take care of family . I have to admit it\'s nice to get back into the shop , so its time to catch up the work I\'ve done .

my 1st RG-G build
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »
I was stressing over this part of this part but it wasn\'t as bad as I thought it would be