Author Topic: Readyman\'s RG-G Gatling Gun - 500+ hrs.  (Read 2600 times)

Readyman\'s RG-G Gatling Gun - 500+ hrs.
« on: February 17, 2010, 01:41:24 AM »
Haven\'t tallied the last couple months hours... last count was +500 hours.

Some nice details on the stick mag base, full radii and chamfered \'lead-ins\' for the stick magazine and cartridges.

Simple engraved nameplate to match housing radius.

Stick Magazine and mods - interchangeable with drum magazine mount.

Drum Magazine and mods - interchangeable with stick mag mount.

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »
Thanks for posting photos.  Were there any specific parts so far that caused you a lot of head scratching?

Nice work!

Clutch

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
clutch,
Yeah there are a few, and I\'m trying to list them here as I remember them. Some are obvious like the drum mag groove width which doesn\'t fit a 22 cartridge, easy to see from drawing. Others are found only after building and assembling the parts.
Spending 30 yrs. drawing/and in the shop helps a lot.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 06:30:13 PM »
[quote name=\"readyman\"]clutch,
Yeah there are a few, and I\'m trying to list them here as I remember them. Some are obvious like the drum mag groove width which doesn\'t fit a 22 cartridge, easy to see from drawing. Others are found only after building and assembling the parts.
Spending 30 yrs. drawing/and in the shop helps a lot.[/quote]

This is a good place to spill your guts on things.  Everyone working on a Gatling will welcome a tip to make the effort a bit easier.

I have an AAS in Industrial engineering technology I achieved at a local community  college while I was spending my time doing mostly control engineering and IT about 20 years ago.  I learned to draft on a drafting machine and then learned a bit of cad back in the 2D days.  

Currently, due to the Michigan economy, I repair CNCs, automated assembly cells, and troubleshoot robots.  On a good day, I might even get to do some manual machining to repair a machine or rework production tooling.  I was looking for a computer science program when I enrolled in night classes but they didn\'t have it way back when so I went with making stuff instead.  I guess it worked out ;)

I\'ve been modeling my RGG plans in Alibre, a solid modeling cad program,  I\'ve found that drawing a detail tends to focus the mind on what the 2D drawings are depicting.

As you recall things, please post it.  

Clutch