Author Topic: Just getting started on an RG  (Read 4702 times)

Just getting started on an RG
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 08:24:02 PM »
Thanks shred, can\'t wait to try it.

Just getting started on an RG
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 12:36:16 AM »
[quote name=\"my65pan\"]
[quote name=\"shred\"]I found some G-code, but unfortunately my parts notebook is lost, so I make zero guarantees this will not try to mill the cam track into your machine table, or attempt to drill for oil in your shop or any other malfeasance. :D

I do remember it ran really slow since I was babying things due to the non-rigid setup.  I also think either I had a solid insert in the tube I was cutting the cam into or didn\'t cut through quite all the way.  There was also tailstock support.  Other things I vaguely remember-- my 4th is on the left side of the table.  IIRC the cam timing is different than the RG document by a little as per some advice I received (maybe even here) to help with extraction or ejection.  The bolt extractor slot will need finishing.  The mounting points match my casing, not necessarily the RG plans.[/quote]

I sure would like to know what the cam timing difference is. I just plotted the toolpath per the plans, but I haven\'t cut the slot yet.[/quote]
Without exhuming my notebook from wherever it went, it appears the eject cycle track is a little steeper and more time is added at the rear of the track.  It\'s not much.