Author Topic: Care and Feeding of the RG-G - Stick Magazine  (Read 2009 times)

Care and Feeding of the RG-G - Stick Magazine
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:31:40 PM »
On my Gatling Gun test shoot that severe dent angle on the bullet had me wondering for a while.

Seems the load point of the stick mag has the bullet .062 overhanging the extractor(The circled area in the pic). So the bullet would drop and the rim would \'hang-up\' on the extractor by .062(Then Smasho). I machined the stick mag base \'bullet groove\' to a paper thin web at the front(it already was .032 thin). Then I made a .062 washer for the hinged door to move it forward so the bullet tip was even with the face of the barrel. I still had an overhang over the extractor, so I ground an angle on it to guide the bullet \'in\'.
The bolts have some slop to moving front to back, so check the for the worst case senario.(Two yellow lines show slop in bolt forward/rearward)
The circled yellow area was later ground at a 45 degree angle to guide the rim end \'in\' when the bullet dropped.

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:12:44 PM »
Some pics of the modifications used to get the \'Stick Magazine\' to feed reliably.

Here is a view of the \'lead in\' angle I put on the top of the extractors, to help in guiding the rim end of the cartridge down. There\'s not a lot of \'end to end\' room to play with if the bullets aren\'t falling cleanly down into the carrier block groove.

I opened the \'Stick Magazine Base\' bullet groove to as close as I could to the front, to get the cartridges \'in front\' of the bolt as they dropped down.

Here\'s a dozen or so... feeding reliably without any misfires or failure to extract.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:43:30 PM »
I had the same problem here to, had to do the same thing open it up in the front. Maybe 22lr got longer over the years.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »
gatsforeveryone ... I know this is an old thread but would it be possible for you to repost those photos as I plan on doing the stick mag for my build?

Thanks  :)